LinksHere is a collection of useful links, sorted into sections, with a few comments on their content. If you come across any websites or pages that others might find useful, please get in touch. If you find a broken link on this page, please let me know
[ Mental health ] [ Government / NHS ] [ Reciprocal ]
Links for psychology related jobs vacancies can be found on the Jobs page
PsychMinded - "aims to be the complete psychology, psychiatry and mental health resource offering a range of services"
Psychoweb - for people interested in psychology, particularly undergraduates. Includes discussion forums, chat room, essay help and adverts for experiments.
Amicus (MSF section) - the union which represents Assistants and Trainees in dealing with employers and national NHS bodies.
psychwire.co.uk is aimed mainly at undergraduates, whatever their interest
[ back to top ]
Clearing House for Postgraduate Courses in Clinical Psychology - the CHPCCP co-ordinates applications to most of the courses. Simply follow their easy 3 step procedure!
- University of Birmingham
- Coventry and Warwick
- University of East Anglia
- University of East London
- University of Edinburgh - East of Scotland
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow - West of Scotland
- Institute of Psychiatry - King's College London
- University of Lancaster
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of Newcastle
- North Thames - University College London
- North Wales - University of Wales, Bangor
- University of Plymouth
- Royal Holloway - University of London
- Salomons - South Thames
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- South Thames - University of Surrey
- South Wales
- University of Teesside
The following courses have their own application procedures, separate from the main Clearing House route:
Courses in the Republic of Ireland:
[ back to top ]
- The forum is not a mailing list, but it serves the same purpose and is a good place to start!
- a number of local groups also run their own mailing lists
- Assistant Psychologist Support Network - a discussion group "aimed at providing a place where Assistant Psychologists can make contact with their peers, to offer each other support, share information and discuss issues affecting Assistant Psychologists"
- psych-clinical - an academic list, not much happening on this one at present
- Psychology Student Support list - a discussion group "for use by undergraduate psychology students as a meeting place to discuss ideas and to gain information. Anything you need related to psychology you can discuss here!"
[ back to top ]
Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health - a charity that influences national policy and practice on mental health service provision.
Mentality - "the first national charity dedicated solely to the promotion of mental health". Affiliated to the SCMH
Rethink - formerly the National Schizophrenia Fellowship, a campaigning charity involving people with severe mental illness and their carers. They have some good stuff on early intervention with psychosis
IRIS - Initiative to Reduce the Impact of Schizophrenia, highlighting the importance of effective early intervention for young people with psychosis.
Mind - the leading mental health charity in England and Wales
Self help materials - produced by psychologists at Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland Mental Health Trust
Calipso - interactive mental health training and self help materials
[ back to top ]
Sure Start - "aims to improve the health and well-being of families and children before and from birth [particularly those who are disadvantaged], so children are ready to flourish when they go to school"
Connexions - "offers a range of guidance and support for 13 to 19 year olds to help make the transition to adult life a smooth one"
NHS Beacons - identifies "services that have been particularly innovative in meeting specific healthcare needs [and encourages] them to share their experience via a flexible Beacon Programme"
[ back to top ]
Sites linking to psyclick.org.uk
- Clearing House for Postgraduate Courses in Clinical Psychology (CHPCCP)
- Psychology Postgraduate Affairs Group (PsyPAG)
- SWAP - South West Assistant Psychologists
- Special Interest Group in Physical Health and Disability - a very useful site maintained by Jon Courthold
- Learning Resource Centre of the School of Psychology at the University of Wales (Bangor) - well worth a look
- Prospects.ac.uk - some useful pages about psychology occupations and much more besides
- StudentZone - a general information resource for students
- Network of Christians in Psychology - maintained by Nicholas Gibson
- dmoz - open directory project - community-driven project that reviews and categorises websites, creating a directory which is used by Google, Lycos, Yahoo and many others. Thanks to Nicholas Gibson for adding psyclick.org.uk
- University of Kent at Canterbury - Careers department page on psychology
- University of Abertay Dundee - mentioned in a careers newsletter
- University of Sheffield, Department of Psychology
- BPS Student Member Group - I wrote a brief article about the reasons for starting this website
- University of Leeds Psychology Society
- PriMHE - Primary care Mental Health Education
- Lycos UK - The Lycos Directory
- South Thames Psychology Group
- Northern Ireland Assistant Psychologists Forum
- North Thames Graduate Psychology Group
- University of Liverpool, Centre for Lifelong Learning
- South Wales Affiliates Group set up a website of their own and kindly linked to psyclick
- psychwire is a newish site that's coming along nicely, and they kindly linked to psyclick too
- commoncontent.org - a catalogue of content licensed under Creative Commons Licences
- Manchester Metropolitan University - useful links for psychologists (PDF file, 506k - view as HTML via Google
- Selskab for Kristne psykologer i Danmark - Christian psychologists in Denmark (at a guess)
- University of Nevada, Reno Libraries - mentioned in 'Presenting the Virtual Library'
- University of Lincoln - careers service page
- Hear Us - a group for users of mental health services in the London Borough of Croydon
- University of Southampton - the Psychology department